DENEFONT.COM website is now ready to launch.

I’ve been giving out the URL by phone and word-of-mouth for a little while already, but now it’s official. I’ve put notices on my older sites directing traffic here. Education Culture & Employment has changed the link on their denefonts page to point here instead of my old blogger page.

Here are a couple of items I intend to fix in the next few days.  I Googled making screenshots from an iPhone.  So look for a screen image of the First Voices Chat app on the Mobile page soon.  This morning while helping a High School student use the new Unicode keyboard (on my Aurora College Windows XP computers no less) I realized that I needed to create a cheat sheet similar to my old keycaps.pdf.  (I just recently installed MS Office on my XP machines and have confirmed this does NOT upgrade Arial and Times New Roman fonts to work for Dene Languages, but it does allow Calibri and Cambria can be used.  I may try edit my stylesheet to make Calibri rather than Arial the default text area font to see if that improves the Web Keyboard behaviour even though I’m probably the only one still running XP.

Farther off is a more complete tutorial showing how to use either the lg or wm keyboards for adding diacritics.  I also need to work with Tavultesoft to improve the display of language menu choices on the web keyboard.  I am allowed 7 languages, but because I only have 4, the first one has replicated itself to fill the list.  And one of these weeks I’ll get around to borrowing some MacBooks from Mezi School to do a screencast tutorial of downloading and installing the dmg package for Unicode Dene Keyboards on OSX.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *